[Ilugc] HOW TO - INSTALL/CONFIGURE ECIADSL DRIVER FOR TOUCHTEL
USB MODEM [TERA-100U TERRAGATE ]
sathish.subramanian at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 18:12:52 IST 2005
it worked for me.
just to sum up things for everyone, I have the following settings
1. Fedora core 2. updated the kernel with kernel-2.6.6-1.427.rpm. did
a rpm -i on it
2. Teragate Tera-100U airtel USB modem
3. downloaded and installed eciadsl-usermode-0.10-1.rpm for fedora core 2
4. hooked up the modem and modem to the phone line (dont know if it
should be connected to phonen at this point or not needed)
5. downloaded eciadsl-synch_bin.tar.bz2 and installed it in /etc/
6. ran /usr/bin/eciadsl-probe-device. got the VID1, PID1, VID2, PID2
parms from the output
7. ran /usr/bin/eciadsl-config-tk, in the GUI set the VIDs and PIDs as
got in step6, touchtel userid, passwd, VPI=1, VCI=32, modem=other, PPP
mode=VCM_RFC2364, use DHCP
8. ran /usr/bin/eciadsl-probe-synch. this takes a long time. it
finally ended selecting synch36.bin.
9. ran the script in step 7 again and selected
/etc/ecid\adsl-synch36.bin are current synch .bin file
10. ran /usr/bin/eciadsl-start.it takes a long time but finally connected.
i am sending this email through this new connection.
thanks nallu again.
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:17:00 +0000, T.R.Shashwath <trshash84 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 18 Feb 2005 5:14 am, Karthikeyan wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Does this apply to globespanvirata adsl usb modem as well.
> > I am willing to give it a try.
> > Anybody use this modem and go connected in linux?
> > Have a great day.
> > Karthikeyan B
> All Globespan chipsets, AFAIK. It works for my Aztech 100U. I haven't tried a
> I used a Gentoo ebuild and a custom-built kernel (vanilla, mm and gentoo-dev
> sources), if that's of any use to anyone...
> To know a thing well, know its limits.
> Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will true nature be seen.
> --The Amtal Rule - Dune
> To unsubscribe, email ilugc-request at ae.iitm.ac.in with
> "unsubscribe <password> <address>"
> in the subject or body of the message.
More information about the ilugc