[Ilugc] [OT] Tamils fonts for Wine...

"Sébastien L." sleon at pointcarre.com
Wed Feb 8 10:42:11 IST 2006

Hi everybody,

Some days ago, in my Linux advocacy process :-), I remove an old Windows
98 and install a fresh Mandriva 2006 distribution on the computer of my
Everything is fine except one thing. A old indian software of astrology
(LifeSign), which now runs nice with Wine can not find the tamil fonts.
Actually before formating the Win98 disk I save the astrology software
directory but I didn't notice that 2 usefull TTF files were located in
C:\Windows\font directory and loose them.
My neighbor lost the original floppies where the installer is (it is 4
years old) so I can't retreive theses files.
However, my neighbor is a registred user (this is not a piracy version)
but when I contact the technical support of the software editor, either
they do not reply, either they advise me to buy a full new version. (BTW
it is Life Sign software and I am not very happy with their way they
manage this problem)
Do anyone of us has the following files ? (I try with other tamil fonts
but the software want explicitly these 2 files)

Thank you for your help.