[Ilugc] Oracle + Linux

Venkatraman S blizzard_venkat at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jun 1 23:14:39 IST 2006

Bharathi Subramanian <sbharathi at MidasComm.Com> wrote: Oracle considers venturing into Linux:

In an interview with the Financial Times, Mr Ellison said that Oracle
wanted to sell a full "stack" of software that included both OS and
applications.

"I'd like to have a complete stack," he said. "We're missing an OS.
You could argue that it makes a lot of sense for us to look at
distributing and supporting Linux."

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/7354696c-cd86-11da-afcd-0000779e2340.html

Bye :)
--
Bharathi S

Oracle is already supporting the Open Standards Framework. Its entire Fusion Midleware is based on Java tech-stack. Also, its contributing to Groovy(Grails).

 --vEnKAt