[Ilugc] Psqlodbc problem.

Binand Sethumadhavan binand at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 12:22:03 IST 2006

On 02/06/06, raja chidambaram <raja at solnettechnologies.com> wrote:
> when i try to execute a query while the postgres database is down,the
> SQLprepare statement returns 0 insted of -1 & the application crashes by
> displaying Broken pipe.

Ages since I touched ODBC, but I think SQLPrepare doesn't actually
talk to the database. SQLExecute is the one that uses a DB connection
to run an SQL query.

You shouldn't be checking for 0 or -1, but for SQL_SUCCEEDED or not.

If your DB died before your ODBC program started, you SQLConnect will
fail, and if it died during your program's execution, your SQLExecute
will fail.

Binand