[Ilugc] Oracle + Linux

balachandar muruganantham mbchandar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 16:30:04 IST 2006

hi

On 6/2/06, Bharathi Subramanian <sbharathi at midascomm.com> wrote:
> Oracle considers venturing into Linux:
>
> In an interview with the Financial Times, Mr Ellison said that Oracle
> wanted to sell a full "stack" of software that included both OS and
> applications.

the reason behind is that red hat's acquisition of jboss. because red
hat has now apps server included in their OS. since Jboss was the
direct competitor in Oracle Apps server, Oracle is interested in Linux
OS.

> "I'd like to have a complete stack," he said. "We're missing an OS.
> You could argue that it makes a lot of sense for us to look at
> distributing and supporting Linux."

for making big money and competing directly with redhat

--
<name> balachandar muruganantham</name>
<Yahoo!> mbchandar</Yahoo!>