[Ilugc] requesting a pointer on crmctt

Chandrashekar Babu lug at chandrashekar.info
Sat Jun 3 10:24:01 IST 2006

Hi,

>  I have an issue, In kubuntu 5.10 breezy badger i installed xampp which went
>  on fine.

[snip]

>  Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
>  allocate 4034460 bytes)

XAMPP on Linux seems to be buggy. I've experienced the same issue
with XAMPP on both Slackware 10.2 and Vector Linux 5.1 when I tried
setting up Agavi/Symfony. If I'm not wrong, you would also see a couple
of "Segmentation fault" messages in your apache webserver's error_log
file. While simple PHP scripts work on XAMPP, complex web
applications/framework (like Agavi, Symfony, SugarCRM and so on) fail.

In my case, removing XAMPP and installing individual packages available
on my distribution (Apache + MySQL + PHP + ProFTPd) solved the
problem.

Cheers!

--
Chandrashekar Babu.,
Freelance Open Source Software Technologist,