[Ilugc] regarding graphics controller card

Sujith M m.sujith at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 18:52:57 IST 2006

> I want to know  few  32-bit  PCI based graphics controller cards that
> are supported by linux-2.4 (that can be available in market).
> I have googled and got some names like  GeForce - Fx5200, Radeon-x800 ,
> TForce-590, Matrox-G550.  But the names doesn't tally totally with the
> names that are given in /include/linux/pci_ids.h
> Only one got tally - MATROX- G550.

Traditionally Nvidia cards have had very good Linux driver support.
The supported chipset list :
http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html

ATI cards have very poor Linux support.
So , you would be better off with a Nvidia card if Linux is your primary
desktop.

_Sujith

--
Let me see if I've got this straight: in order to be grounded, I've got to
be crazy and I must be crazy to keep flying. But if I ask to be grounded,