[Ilugc] June Month ILUGC Meeting

Vamsee Kanakala vamlists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 10:46:12 IST 2006

On 6/5/06, Raja Subramanian <rajasuperman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've never used Ubuntu, or seen someone using it either.  So I come
> without
> and preconceived ideas.  From my end, it's a purely educational
> experience.
> I just want to see if Ubuntu's strengths line up with any of my
> expectations
> from a distro/OS.
>
> I can't speak for others, so you may need your asbestos suits :-)

Sorry for jutting into the thread, let me join the Ubuntu Dapper fanboy
network. Did an upgrade from Breezy last night, and yeah, it was everything
I expected to be. Smooth. The desktop looks very slick. Me thinks, the
future Desktop OS wars wouldn't be Windoze vs. OS X. I think it would be OS
X vs. Ubuntu ;-). Ok, I have donned the asbestos suit ;-)

Vamsee.