[Ilugc] regarding name at command prompt

sudheer urwithsudheer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 10:52:07 IST 2006

>export PS1=`echo -ne "\033]0;${USER}@${HOSTNAME}: ${PWD}\007"`
>
>you probably deleted your .bash_profile or .bashrc files

I had run the command #rm -rf ~ instead of #rm -rf *~, but this command
is not from /root . It is from /root/xxx/yyyy. And the effect is  not
immediate.

I had also lost the files .bash_profile and .bashrc.
I had copied these two files from other system and tried. Now it is  is
working fine.
But i didnt understand how deleting the tilt in a sub-directory inside
the /root affected  these files.

Thank u prashanth and balaji narayanan.

thanks
-Sudheer