[Ilugc] regarding name at command prompt

Balaji Narayanan lists at balajin.net
Tue Jun 6 21:39:44 IST 2006

    >> export PS1=`echo -ne "\033]0;${USER}@${HOSTNAME}: ${PWD}\007"`
    >>
    >> you probably deleted your .bash_profile or .bashrc files

    sudheer> I had run the command #rm -rf ~ instead of #rm -rf *~,
    sudheer> but this command is not from /root . It is from
    sudheer> /root/xxx/yyyy. And the effect is not immediate.

    sudheer> I had also lost the files .bash_profile and .bashrc.  I
    sudheer> had copied these two files from other system and
    sudheer> tried. Now it is is working fine.  But i didnt understand
    sudheer> how deleting the tilt in a sub-directory inside the /root
    sudheer> affected these files.

that would be answered by doing the command ls -l ~ from a
subdirectory as any user.

-balaji

--
http://balajin.net/blog