[Ilugc] How to effectively avoid spam mails in solaris

Suresh Ramasubramanian linux at frodo.hserus.net
Thu Jun 8 10:47:58 IST 2006

jayanthi neelakandan wrote:
>     We are supporting US client who has got problem with the spam
> mails. Even though they are using brightmail for preventing spam,
> still spam mails are increasing due to which mail server is getting
> overloaded soon. What can be done to effectively avoid getting such
> mails and reduce the server load.

If

1. He's already using brightmail
2. You still have to ask and dont know what to do about it

You're probably not going to be able to do anything about it

A careful choice of blocklists, and moving as much as possible of the
spam filtering to the edge of your network to start with would be an idea ..

	srs