[Ilugc] How to effectively avoid spam mails in solaris

Binand Sethumadhavan binand at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 08:35:57 IST 2006

On 08/06/06, Suresh Ramasubramanian <linux at frodo.hserus.net> wrote:
> Binand Sethumadhavan wrote:
> Keep in mind that without spam filtering just buying higher capacity
> mailserver appliances wont help .. the volume of spam will just increase
> and saturate your fancy ironports real fast [yes, it takes a lot of spam
> to do that .. but it can be done, i've seen it done]

Oh yes, I fully understand that. But then again, this risk was weighed
against the risk of hitting false positives in any RBL, and a business
decision was made not to use RBLs. A mitigating circumstance found
during this risk analysis was that IronPort's Reputation Filtering
system already factors RBL listings into it.

I don't take business decisions here, I reccommend and implement them. :)

Binand