[Ilugc] Configuring Dataone on SmartAX MT-800

Sriram Kalyanasundaram ksriram29 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 8 15:54:28 IST 2006

hi,
I have used rpppoe but don't remember it now.
I will give you a alternative way to configure your Dataone Connection.
You can configure your connection through your MT800 Configuration Manager
GUI.

Note: If you have used the Dataone connection in windows without dialling a
connection
you can skip the first four points and straight away go to the fifth point.
Once it is configured
like this, you won't have to dial your Dataone Connection in windows also.
You can start browsing
as soon as the ADSL link status indicator turn amber coloured.

1. Your CPE by default has a IP address of 192.168.1.1 . Configure your
ethernet card
to have a address in the same subnet (for e.g. 192.168.1.5) with a subnet
mask of 255.255.255.0 .

2. Now start your browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press
enter. A dialog box will
appear asking for user name and password. The default username and password
is 'admin' (without the quotes. User name and Password are same by default).
If you have changed the password type in that password instead of 'admin".
Now you will be shown a Configuration interface of the CPE.

3. Click the ATM Setting link the left frame. You will be shown the ATM
Setting page. Change the "connection type" to 'ppp' and "PPPoA/PPPoE" field
to 'PPPoE'. Make sure that the 'enable' option is selected in the "Default
Route" field.  Next give the User name and Password you used to connect in
the respective fields. The "Use DNS" field must have the 'enable' option
selected. Click the small lens icon in the status field. It will pop up a
window. In the window select the 'start on Data' option for the "Change
Status" field. Click the submit button in the pop up window and also the ATM
Settings page.

4. You have to save the configuration and reboot your CPE for the changes to
take effect. Click on the save and reboot link in the left frame and follow
the instructions. Once you have rebooted the CPE, wait till the ADSL Link in
the CPE to turn amber colour. Again go to the MT800 Configuration Manager
and check the status of the WAN interfaces. If you are connected then you
will have a IP address and gateway address (not 0.0.0.0).

5. Now go to your LAN interface settings and set the Primary DNS to
192.168.1.1 and Default Gateway Address to 192.168.1.1 .

Start your browser and check whether you can browse the Internet.