[Ilugc] Increasing the number of characters in a command line

Anandh G anandhg02 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 20:56:32 IST 2006

Hai, The porblem occurs only in ksh, it only allows to add 3 lines in the command prompt. But in bash I can add more number of lines in the command line.

Anandh G <anandhg02 at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Thanks for support. I will try and revert back

Binand Sethumadhavan wrote: On 08/06/06, Binand Sethumadhavan wrote:
> find /path/to/dir -stuff that -lists your -files | xargs mv
> --target-directory=/path/to/new/dir

Make sure the find lists only files that you are interested in. Also,
use find as:
  find whatever -print0 | xargs -0 whatever

Regards,
Anandh G