[Ilugc] Google Browser Sync for firefox

benjamin benjaminrtz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 19:48:51 IST 2006

On 6/9/06, Raja Subramanian <rajasuperman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/9/06, benjamin <benjaminrtz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >  Not to forget the
> > > abuse of "Beta".
> > Abuse?  Debian unstable/testing sounds pretty much the same to me. And I
> > wouldn't say abuse.
>
> Debian's release cycle and Google's release cycles are entirely different.
>
> Along with testing/unstable streams, Debian has always produced stable
> releases.
>
> It's been more than 2 years since GMail appeared and it's still
> Beta.  Where
> is the stable release of GMail?  Google Finance, Talk, etc. have not
> produced
> any stable releases either.

If you are bashing Google for unfinished  products,   I don't  find theirs
unfinished except for the tagging BETA to the name of the product. This is
strictly speaking from a user's perspective who simply use it. There could
be and would be bug if ppl look for it. As a user who does not do QA on
Google's product , I find it good as another released product if not better.

Two years or whatever,  the goal is the good, betta quality when it's
released.  Isn't Gmail the  most convenient way to  read ilugc list  :-)
Google makes a difference.

- Raja

benjamin rualthanzauva