[Ilugc] Suggest me the scope for shifting from non-technical field to Linux.

benjamin benjaminrtz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 20:12:51 IST 2006

On 6/7/06, jayanthi neelakandan <jayanthivit2002 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>    My friend is a BSc graduate and currently doing MCA in
> correspondence. He is working as a Team Leader in a BPO. If he has to
> switch over to Linux as his career, will RHCE certification alone help
> with out technical background. If yes, can you pls suggest the
> training centres available for providing RHCE certification courses
> which will also provide job assurance. Or can you give us any other
> better alternative.
>
> waiting for an earliest reply,
> Thanks in advance,
> Jayanthi

Would your friend do so because of passion (with Linux) or better
opportunity?  If you look at this list, my assumption is that many of them
are people with years of experience in industry, men with  kids,
responsibilities @ work and @ home. They still find time to regularly
participate in the list. I so strongly the main reason is because they are
passionate about it.

Remember those days when everyone wants  to learn Java.

Same time, I have seen people with passion, switching to tech and really
doing well.

--
benjamin rualthanzauva