[Ilugc] SOFTWARE FREEDOM DAY 2006- SEPT 16

Aanjhan R aanjhan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 18:20:56 IST 2006

Hi all,

On 6/16/06, Parthan <parth.technofreak at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3. Think CDs are no longer a big issues, most people having unlimited
> braodband these days and a wide network for luggies offering help in
> CD-for-grab, don't think we need to ship ubuntu CDs.

This is not the case everywhere. Distributing CDs to the LUG members is not
the point. Distributing CDs to those who have not tried FLOSS / Distribute
CDs to those who are not aware in the first place about the power of FLOSS.
Its a matter of doing "Stuff" on the Freedom Day.  Unlimited BroadBand (most
people??) ! I strongly disagree. Not even 1% of INDIAs poplulation would
have unlimited broadband. [Guess most still use DialUp in Villages]

Aanjhan