[Ilugc] Re: SOFTWARE FREEDOM DAY 2006- SEPT 16

Creative Wolf creativewolf at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 20:04:49 IST 2006

On 6/16/06, Aanjhan R <aanjhan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On 6/16/06, Parthan <parth.technofreak at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > 3. Think CDs are no longer a big issues, most people having unlimited
> > braodband these days and a wide network for luggies offering help in
> > CD-for-grab, don't think we need to ship ubuntu CDs.
>

> This is not the case everywhere. Distributing CDs to the LUG members is not
> the point. Distributing CDs to those who have not tried FLOSS / Distribute
> CDs to those who are not aware in the first place about the power of FLOSS.
> Its a matter of doing "Stuff" on the Freedom Day.  Unlimited BroadBand (most
> people??) ! I strongly disagree. Not even 1% of INDIAs poplulation would
> have unlimited broadband. [Guess most still use DialUp in Villages]
>

> Regards,
> --
> Aanjhan

I seem to second that thought, there are folks even in the city
withour broadband.

Possibilities are more that folks using FLOSS will continue using &
exploring, its all about helping others have a feel of FLOSS.

1. T-Shirts are good.
2. Pendants/Rings/Any other suggestions for nice jewel (made of Silver
to start with?) promoting FLOSS.

Thoughts please...

/CW
--
Beleive in the Best Never Ignore the Rest