[Ilugc] How to write tamil in Linux

Shakthi Kannan cyborg4k at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 21:49:37 IST 2006

Hi,

--- Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan at gmail.com> wrote:
> How to write in tamil in Linux?

You can set your Tamil keyboard preferences in Gnome,
for example, and just key in tamil characters.

My documentation for reference:

http://www.shakthimaan.com/ta/computer/computer.html
... (1)

> I dont know tamil typewriting.

Better start learning. Spend atleast 15-25 minutes a
day doing typewriting lessons, at home. You don't need
to go to any institute. Ubuntu, for example, has good
localization support.

> I have to write tamil articles in unicode.
> I need to write in mixed tamil and english.

Sure.

> any of u done?

(1)

Since, lot of people are interested, I shall give you
a demo of Tamil and Ubuntu in our next GLV meet. Will
discuss with Bharathi and let you know.

Regards,

SK

--