[Ilugc] One Day One Thirukkural

Shakthi Kannan cyborg4k at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 23:10:00 IST 2006

Hi Binand,

--- Binand Sethumadhavan <binand at gmail.com> wrote:
> The relevance of all this to ilugc is?

To show an example of the use of localization with
FLOSS to ILUGC members?

* I have mentioned the publishers, and they are part
of the 'The Booksellers and Publishers Association of
South India', to whom we need to introduce GNU/Linux,
and how they can benefit from it.

* There is a yearly Chennai Book fair held in January
in the grounds of Quaid-e-Millet Government Arts
College for Women by 'The Booksellers and Publishers
Association of South India'. With their permission we
can try to get a stall for ILUGC-FLOSS promotion
during the book fair.

http://www.chennaionline.com/cityfeature/bookfair.asp

* There is a need for localization work in India.
Although, I have mentioned in my e-mail w.r.t. Tamil,
the concept applies to other Indian languages and
literature.

Regards,

SK

--