[Ilugc] Regarding FOSS

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.yoper at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 21:39:12 IST 2006

Hi all,

We all are Linux developers/users/testers.To be more precise, we are the
users who use FOSS (Free Open Source Softwares).

Does FOSS mean, that, the word "Free" is actually meaning "without cost" or
as in GPL ?

Suppose i say, i have an application which is Licensed GPL, but you need to
pay Rs.x to get the source as well as binary, will this be considered under
FOSS or simply Open Source Software?

And how many of us will use Linux/OSS if they are charged minimal ? and will
this be OFF TOPIC here?

Till today, many see Linux as Free as in "Free beer" :)

C.C.Chakkaradeep,
Novatium Solutions Limited,Chennai.
http://www.novatium.com
http://www.yoper.com

--
"Sometimes it's better not to ask - or to listen - when people tell you
something can't be done. I didnt ask for permission or approval. I just went