[Ilugc] Regarding FOSS

Vamsee Kanakala vamlists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 02:28:28 IST 2006

Chakkaradeep C C wrote:

> How come it can be called GPL violation?

Hmm. Quoting you, "Suppose i say, i have an application which is
Licensed GPL, but you need to pay Rs.x to get the source as well as
binary,". What I meant to say was, if you are charging for the binary,
you should make the source available for free. Or, the source code
should come with the binary. You can't price each of them separately,
unless you are incurring a cost to distribute the source code. I hope I
am clearer now. You might have meant the same thing, though.

Vamsee.