[Ilugc] Regarding FOSS

R.Ramkumar andyetitmoves at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 23:01:48 IST 2006

my two cents...

> Does FOSS mean, that, the word "Free" is actually meaning "without cost" or
> as in GPL ?

as in GPL, is what I would think...

> Suppose i say, i have an application which is Licensed GPL, but you need to
> pay Rs.x to get the source as well as binary, will this be considered under
> FOSS or simply Open Source Software?

it would be free software, but I guess you can't make too many copies
neway, since the guy you sell it to, can legally distribute the
software he bought free of cost...

> Till today, many see Linux as Free as in "Free beer" :)

frankly speaking, that is the reason Linux is getting popular, atleast
amongst the corporate sector. "more cost effective", as they put it :)

it moves on...

--
April 1: This is the day upon which we are reminded of
what we are on the other three hundred and sixty-four.