[Ilugc] Re: avsap and indian financial accounting software

R.Subramanian (RS) rs2003 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 23:00:45 IST 2006

On 6/17/06, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at thenilgiris.com> wrote:

> A large percentage of Indian firms etc want to manipulate accounts -
> tally is excellent for this purpose - no other FA package caters to
> this need

Only the product which caters to the actual 'needs' of the market can be
sold. ( or can be made popular even when it is made free)
If a Indian foss fa package can be made popular only if it has
the manipulation ' feature' built in, then it has to be made that way.

> Do you have a customer? if you do, you
> will find it easier to write an app from scratch than to customise an
> existing package. We think and do business differently from people in
> the west. (This is not chauvinism, it is my experience at the grass
> roots)

I have a customer who will be interested in buying it.
He will fund the development to get the first copy.
He will have no objection to release it as foss also.

 one condition:      The package should have the all the features of tally
including the manipulation ' feature'

If this is agreeable, pl let me know how much it would cost for the
development of the first copy.