[Ilugc] Probably [OT] - still people going to fight against Bill Gates?

Toufeeq Hussain toufeeqh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 11:39:25 IST 2006

HI,

On 6/19/06, balachandar muruganantham <mbchandar at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> On 6/18/06, Prashanth Mohan <prashmohan at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > balachandar muruganantham wrote:
> > > are we going to keep on fight against gates or it is microsoft?
> >
> > why fight either of them. gates runs a profitable business. this groups
> > is rather for evangelising linux and foss isn't it?
>
> you are right. but u know there are people who does that. our chennai
> lug group is for evangelising linux and foss.

Are the "fighters" you refer to here the slashdot-crowd ?
If yes, then all I have to say is never go by what the slashdot-crowd says.

OTOH, you also need to understand that the "fight" you seem to
indicate here is not against an individual but against the "system".
The system here being proprietary software. Both proprietary and free
software have their places, however there is going to be friction (not
fighting).

You should also understand that like FOSS-hackers there are much
respected individuals in Microsft/Apple/Oracle who till today garner a
lot of respect in computing circles. One should learn to separate the
individual from the company before judging someone.

-Toufeeq
--
blog @ http://toufeeq.blogspot.com