[Ilugc] Probably [OT] - still people going to fight against Bill Gates?

Ma Siva Kumar tech at leatherlink.net
Mon Jun 19 12:15:47 IST 2006

On Mon June 19 2006 11:42 am, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Toufeeq Hussain wrote:
> > You should also understand that like FOSS-hackers there are much
> > respected individuals in Microsft/Apple/Oracle who till today garner a
> > lot of respect in computing circles. One should learn to separate the
> > individual from the company before judging someone.
>
> my advise for impressionable types like balachandar is to stop reading
> slashdot. fast.
>
> its a pure waste of time, that ..

Not so fast. If you read comments at threshold level of 4 (or 5), you get many
angles to a story. Instead of just relaying on journalists who are
increasingly biased towards large corporations, filtered opinion from a large
tech population is better any day.

I read Slashdot regularly, not as much as I used to, but the daily dose of
technical news and related information come from Slashdot.

Best regards,

Ma Sivakumar