[Ilugc] Please guide

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.yoper at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 11:47:50 IST 2006

Hi,

On 6/20/06, R. Ramkumar <andyetitmoves at gmail.com> wrote:

> > dump both and go for python
>
> I don't intend to start off a flame war, but Perl has its place in the
> scheme of things. You can't just dump it. I am sure you know how
> useful Perl can be to a sysad. If I quickly need to parse some output
> to generate some statistics on whether everything is going right, I
> would rather right five lines of Perl code.

in the same way, i find sed and awk to be best for sysadmin to parse some
output.Yes, they are difficult to learn, but once you do, they are Powerful
and your genie :)

again, it moves on...

it moves on...

> --
> April 1: This is the day upon which we are reminded of
> what we are on the other three hundred and sixty-four.
>           -- Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"

C.C.Chakkaradeep,
Novatium Solutions Limited,Chennai.
http://www.novatium.com
http://www.yoper.com
http://wiki.freespire.org/index.php/Freespire_Community_Board_Home

--
"Sometimes it's better not to ask - or to listen - when people tell you
something can't be done. I didnt ask for permission or approval. I just went