[Ilugc] Please guide

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.yoper at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 14:31:12 IST 2006

Hi,

On 6/20/06, Gopalarathnam Venkatesan <gopal at gopalarathnam.com> wrote:

> On 06/20/06 14:26, Chakkaradeep C C wrote:
> >
> > If you want to edit and change a particular line in a file, i would
> > change it in one command using sed and if that was to changed according
> > to user input, i would parse the user input with awk and then pass on to
> > sed statement and overall again its only one command.
> >

> We might do that but Binand can use "perl -pi" to achieve that.
>
> Every tool has its own advantages and disadvantages, and its not worth
> the effort to fight for Perl vs Awk or anything.

well, for that case, you could just tell a tool is not worth than another
tool :).I think this should passed on to Binand :)

If you're using sed, fine continue to use it.  If you're using Perl,
> well you're not a sinner ;-)
>
> --
> Gopalarathnam Venkatesan
>
> http://gopalarathnam.com/

C.C.Chakkaradeep,
Novatium Solutions Limited,Chennai.
http://www.novatium.com
http://www.yoper.com
http://wiki.freespire.org/index.php/Freespire_Community_Board_Home

--
"Sometimes it's better not to ask - or to listen - when people tell you
something can't be done. I didnt ask for permission or approval. I just went