[Ilugc] Re: SOFTWARE FREEDOM DAY 2006- SEPT 16

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.yoper at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 17:06:56 IST 2006

Hi all,

On 6/20/06, Binand Sethumadhavan <binand at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20/06/06, Parthan SR <parth.technofreak at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Does that agrement stops colleges from exposing students to technologies
> > other than M$'s ?
>
> I think so, yes. The agreement is usually that Microsoft provides
> subsidized software, training etc. (including course design, reference
> material and instructors) in exchange for not letting alternate
> technologies anywhere near the univ. They have done the same in
> Karnataka & AP too (in Kerala, they haven't been that successful
> because of resistance from the left parties who were in opposition
> then).

This is bad and how come colleges/univs can accept this kinda thing!!...its
very bad...this makes the student also stop exploring things :(, very
bad....

Binand

C.C.Chakkaradeep,
Novatium Solutions Limited,Chennai.
http://www.novatium.com
http://www.yoper.com
http://wiki.freespire.org/index.php/Freespire_Community_Board_Home

--
"Sometimes it's better not to ask - or to listen - when people tell you
something can't be done. I didnt ask for permission or approval. I just went