[Ilugc] Re: SOFTWARE FREEDOM DAY 2006- SEPT 16

Parthan SR parth.technofreak at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 17:36:37 IST 2006

> On 6/20/06, *Binand Sethumadhavan* <binand at gmail.com
> <mailto:binand at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 20/06/06, Parthan SR <parth.technofreak at gmail.com
>     <mailto:parth.technofreak at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Does that agrement stops colleges from exposing students to
>     technologies
>     > other than M$'s ?
>
>     I think so, yes.
>
> Chakkaradeep C C wrote:
> This is bad and how come colleges/univs can accept this kinda
> thing!!...its very bad...this makes the student also stop exploring
> things :(, very bad....
Thats why i asked that question. Anything like that is like neglecting
the freedom from the students to select their own choice of
technologies. It can also be put as something against the fundamental
right of the students to select the choice of the technology which is
going to be there for their entire career or life. May be some of the
students mught, on their own personal interests and passions, learn and
practice open source technologies. But, how many of them are going to be
like that ? We have been trying to spread the open source technologies
amongst the students and this will be a great blow to our endeavors too.

--
HTH :)

Parthan
nick: technofreak