[Ilugc] SOFTWARE FREEDOM DAY 2006- SEPT 16

Binand Sethumadhavan binand at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 15:27:10 IST 2006

On 20/06/06, Pushparajan V <vprajan at gmail.com> wrote:
> ur argu is abs correct?.. but Qt comes under licensing now.. the bad
> proprietary regim by trolltech.. worst isn't it.

No. Qt is under dual licensing, one of which is the GPL. I am not even
going into your obvious lack of knowledge of licensing issues here.

>  but iam not sure 90%+- software where not under GNU. is that true?

http://sourceforge.net says: Registered Projects: 122,886
http://directory.fsf.org/GNU/ says: 4,788 packages indexed

That works out to about 4%. Or in other words, 96% of all software is
non-GNU. Not that SF is not the final authority on the number of Free
Software projects out there.

Binand