[Ilugc] SOFTWARE FREEDOM DAY 2006- SEPT 16

Binand Sethumadhavan binand at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 06:53:00 IST 2006

On 21/06/06, Toufeeq Hussain <toufeeqh at gmail.com> wrote:
> If ILUGC is not willing to turn into a "body" can this be done under
> the aegis of Linux-India ? I don't know. L-I (atleast today) looks
> like a shadow of the organization that it was supposed to be.

Like ilugc, linux-india is not an official entity either. In addition,
it was not supposed to be any organisation - certainly not a
registered one, with obligations to keep financial records, file tax
returns etc. It might not be as active as it used to be - but that is
only because of the fact that regional lugs have taken off big-time -
you don't hear about LUG-Germany or LUG-Russia, do you?

Binand