[Ilugc] SOFTWARE FREEDOM DAY 2006- SEPT 16

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Wed Jun 21 11:38:58 IST 2006

On 21-Jun-06, at 9:48 AM, Toufeeq Hussain wrote:

> If ILUGC is not willing to turn into a "body" can this be done under
> the aegis of Linux-India ? I don't know. L-I (atleast today) looks
> like a shadow of the organization that it was supposed to be.

there was a lot of bad blood and fights in the old days, so ilug
became dormant and each went their own way to the regional lugs. But
a lot of new blood has come in, so maybe we should give it another
try to build up ilug. The first step, as i see it, is that chennai
luggers subscribe to the mailing lists of ilug-mumbai, ilug-delhi and
ilug-hyderabad, and encourage members of those lugs to subscribe
here. I am sure a consensus will slowly build up. Many of us are
already subscribed to multiple lug lists, and this *is* helping. Ilug-
kolkata list/site is in dissarray at present - things are expected to
clarify soon.

--

regards
kg