[Ilugc] Probably [OT] - still people going to fight against Bill Gates?

Sivasankar Chander siva.ilugc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 13:07:15 IST 2006

On 6/18/06, balachandar muruganantham <mbchandar at gmail.com> wrote:

> i have seen that bill gates has stepped down from his role and going
> to focus more on its foundation.
>
> are we going to keep on fight against gates or it is microsoft?

  Check out this article by Joel Spolsky:

Try to understand that Microsoft, with Billy at the helm, was a
far more formidable entity than Microsoft with a bunch of lame
MBAs at the helm - because, at the core, Billy was a top-class
programmer, who kept track of *details*.

Frankly, there isn't anything left to fight against - Billy the
Philanthropist is worthy of praise, and M$ without Billy is a
crap organization headed (for now) by "Monkey Boy" Ballmer
and his ilk. Once Monkey Boy goes, there's nothing to prevent
M$ from turning, at least partially, towards FLOSS.

-Siva