[Ilugc] Re: Special Meet: ELCOT FOSS Proposal

R.Subramanian (RS) rs2003 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 11:44:42 IST 2006

On 6/23/06, Bharathi Subramanian <sbharathi at midascomm.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Bharathi Subramanian wrote:
>
> > I hope, most of you seen the fwd mail of Mr Uma Shankar IAS, MD
> > ELCOT. I feel, It is the good opportunity to help Gov to use/support
> > FOSS. If our members are interested to help in this mission, We can
> > meet to share our views about this.
>
> Shell we meet in *Gandhi Mandapam* at Sat Jun 24 15:30. This
> place is just opposite to Anna Univ Campus, Guindy.

This is good.
I will try to join the discussions.
failing which kindly accept my best wishes.

Now my sugesstions for how to go about :
Before discussing what all we can do for elcot, we should know what is that
they actually need. ( some sort of a 'things to do list' or in the IT
parlance some sort of a RFP )

i feel that the 'things to do list'  is more impartant  for making the
saturday   discussion more effective.

So the lugger who is spearheading this effort may get in touch with elcot
and make out a list of things / areas where lug can help them out.

If elcot is also in its early stage of the plan  or " wants to explore what
all can be done " - stage, then we should invite a few of the elcot
officials to Gandhi Mandapam and participate in the discussion to make it
more effective.

members: comments pl
RS