[Ilugc] PPPoE Server and RadiusClient in Linux PC

Ganesan Natarajan natrajputra at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 14:54:58 IST 2006

Hi all,
      I am using RedHat Linux 9 PC.

   To authenticate and account  a PPPoE user via RADIUS server, we a
need radius client in linux PC which is not available by default, but
only pppoe-server package is available.

    So, I tried installing the radius client rpm package from net
which is named as radiusclient-0.3.2-0.dag.rh90.i386.rpm.
    For this it requires the 2.4.3 or later version of the pppd
source. This also I downloaded, compiled and installed.

But when i try to connect the pppoe user, pppoe server is immediately
sending PADT or it is not responding for the ppp lcp configuration
requests.

Here is my dump of the /etc/ppp/pppoe-server-options

lcp-echo-interval 10
lcp-echo-failure 2
mru 1492
require-pap
plugin /etc/ppp/plugins/radius.so

Is there any solution for this? Or Any other configuration is missing
in /etc/ppp/pppoe-server-options or in any other configuration
files.....

Is there any related weblink? I googled, but no result......

Thanks
Ganesan N