[Ilugc] su login problem

Easwaran .K.V kveaswaran.ilugc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 16:52:58 IST 2006

On 6/23/06, R. Ramkumar <andyetitmoves at gmail.com> wrote:

> > the other processes right....Then why a single su gone bad is preventing
> me
> > from using su again..
>
> It need not be that the hung su is affecting other su's... It may be
> just that the conditions that lead to the D state of the first su were
> the same when the other su's were executed and hence they too went to
> D.

Hi

The first su might have failed due to the script that was executed by the -c
option.
But the su commands I am issueing after thet are plain su without any
scripts. The only thing it has to do is give me a root shell?????? Why does
that fail .. A solo su is not supposed to go in D right????

Thanks & Regards
Easwaran