[Ilugc] Web designing

Ramanraj K ramanraj.k at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 09:59:59 IST 2006

kumaran paranthaman wrote:

> I am intersted in web designing field.
> Which one is better
>
> 1.PHP
>
> 2. ASP
>
> Please kindly do the needful.

I would suggest PHP for the server side and JavaScript for the client side.

A few examples of cool user interfaces developed using the above:

[1] The GPL-V3 draft at http://gplv3.fsf.org/comments/ is discussed
using stet, released under GPL V2, and btw, would probably be the first
GPL V3 program.  stet source code says:

/* stet will be released under the GPLv3 as soon as the license is
finalized -- so its development may be seen as a sort of
meta-licensing bootstrap operation: a program whose sole purpose is to
develop the terms for its own distribution.  */

[2] TinyMCE is a platform independent web based Javascript HTML WYSIWYG
editor control released under the LGPL at
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/index.php

[3] Calpp is my own project released under the GPL to free users from
designing user interfaces by hand, using PHP and  JavaScript.  This is
under development and online at http://calpp.freeshell.in/calpp

HTH
Ramanraj K