[Ilugc] IPSEC Connection between Gateway Firewalls

Binand Sethumadhavan binand at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 09:51:23 IST 2006

On 28/06/06, ~adarsh~ <vpadarsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I am trying to establish a vpn connection between two gateways i
> am get stucked with the error
> ERROR: asynchronous network error report on eth1 for message to IP
> port 500, complainant IP: Connection refused [errno 111, origin ICMP
> type 3 code 3 (not authenticated)]
>
> Any idea about the problem ?

It is very difficult to see just one line of a logfile and guess what
the problem could be. You haven't mentioned what VPN software, what
P1/P2 proposals, whether the boxes are behind NAT gateways etc. and
haven't pasted any detailed logs or configuration information.

Having said that, from the given information, my best guess could be:

ICMP Type 3 is "Destination Unreachable". It looks to me that your two
VPN end points cannot talk to each other on port 500/udp. Check your
firewall rules and see if that is indeed the case, and fix the problem
if yes.

Binand