[Ilugc] Recovring Debian...
arunvelusamy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 19:17:19 IST 2006
I think you have lost grub.
To get back our grub first stage boot, here a procedure you can use.
* Boot from debian CD choosing linux2.4 kernel (default)
* Change to console 2 with alt + F2 keystrokes
* Make a new dir to mount the boot partition, for example /disk
* mount the root partition on /disk.
* Do a chroot to the root partition: issuing chroot /disk
* Run grub command to enter grub shell
* Type in the root disk for grub, for example root (hd0,1). This is
/dev/hda2 on my system
* Type the following command to install grub on /dev/hda: setup (hd0).
* Last step, type quit, exit from chroot, unmount all disks and reboot
Please refer the : http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/325
siva886 at gmail.com wrote:
> Guys... How to recover Debian or any GNU/Linux distro after installing
> Windows over pre existing Linux OS...
> Thanx in advance...
> To unsubscribe, email ilugc-request at ae.iitm.ac.in with "unsubscribe
> <password> <address>"
> in the subject or body of the message.
More information about the ilugc