[Ilugc] Non-Tech Discussion - Which Distro is the Best ??..

Kumar Appaiah kumar.appaiah at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 12:46:12 IST 2006

On 30/06/06, Pushparajan V <vprajan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Debian-based distro users will be core programmers.
> Redhat/Fedora users will be enterprise managers and UI software developers.
> SUSE/Madriva/Linspire users will be some linux desktop users.

If you are saying Debian uses "will be" good programmers, as in "will
become", I'm happy. But this, by no means is necessary. There is
nothing in Fedora Core which makes it less suited for development or
more suited for UI development.

I use Debian because I like the package management system, the variety
of packages to choose from. People use Fedora if they can handle
yum/RPM better. Since I am yet to try Suse, I cannot comment. But I
strongly contest your Fedora and Debian claim.

And, you really must mention Slackware. In my view, that is the most
(and only) no-nonsense distribution which exists today.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,
462, Jamuna Hostel,