Fwd: [Ilugc] Non-Tech Discussion - Which Distro is the Best ??..

Pushparajan V vprajan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 13:06:29 IST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pushparajan V <vprajan at gmail.com>
Date: Jun 30, 2006 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Ilugc] Non-Tech Discussion - Which Distro is the Best ??..
To: Kumar Appaiah <kumar.appaiah at gmail.com>

On 6/30/06, Kumar Appaiah <kumar.appaiah at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30/06/06, Pushparajan V <vprajan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Debian-based distro users will be core programmers.
> > Redhat/Fedora users will be enterprise managers and UI software
> developers.
> > SUSE/Madriva/Linspire users will be some linux desktop users.
>
> If you are saying Debian uses "will be" good programmers, as in "will
> become", I'm happy. But this, by no means is necessary. There is
> nothing in Fedora Core which makes it less suited for development or
> more suited for UI development.

oops.. i said "will be".. its all on my view.. but debian installation is
somewhat tough?.. isn't it..

slackware is worst than debian.. i believe. it still goes on in the old
paradigm of which kernel to choose..

but, debian may be mostly used my kernel developers.. that what i mean?..
becoz.. most of the command line tools in Fedora does not match with debian
tools..

I use Debian because I like the package management system, the variety
> of packages to choose from. People use Fedora if they can handle
> yum/RPM better. Since I am yet to try Suse, I cannot comment. But I
> strongly contest your Fedora and Debian claim.
>
> And, you really must mention Slackware. In my view, that is the most
> (and only) no-nonsense distribution which exists today.
>
> Kumar
> --
> Kumar Appaiah,
> 462, Jamuna Hostel,
> Indian Insititute of Technology Madras,
> Chennai - 600036

"Life is very short.
What is the need for living for ourselves?
Lets live for others.
Our life will be longer than we believe :-)"

Rajan VP