[Ilugc] Non-Tech Discussion - Which Distro is the Best ??..

Kumar Appaiah kumar.appaiah at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 13:13:40 IST 2006

On 30/06/06, Pushparajan V <vprajan at gmail.com> wrote:
> oops.. i said "will be".. its all on my view.. but debian installation is
> somewhat tough?.. isn't it..

Well, if you think a colourful Anaconda based installer is the only
thing that is user friednly, Debian isn't! However, I believe the
Debian installer is very simple, though not aesthetic.

> slackware is worst than debian.. i believe. it still goes on in the old
> paradigm of which kernel to choose..

Slackware isn't for those people.

> but, debian may be mostly used my kernel developers.. that what i mean?..
> becoz.. most of the command line tools in Fedora does not match with debian
> tools..

I am sorry, but I will have to disagree with you. Please be clear
about which command line tools you mention. If you are talking about
some utility to compile kernels, yes, Debian has make-kpkg, which is
excellent, but that really isn't just for kernel hackers. I use it
myself often... but other than that, what arethose utilities which
Fedora lacks?

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,