[Ilugc] system Hangs after HAL.

Siva Prakash linux.siva at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 13:18:51 IST 2006

On 30/06/06, Shakthi Kannan <cyborg4k at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> --- Siva Prakash <linux.siva at gmail.com> wrote:
> > this problem related to
> > kernel or any other hardware?
>
> Do you have any other options in boot, like
> rescue-mode? Can you boot into it?
>
> Boot from a LiveCD and see if it boots fine. Just to
> make sure there is no problem with hardware.

thanks for your reply.
i am not putting any other options in the bootloader.
while i am trying to troubleshoot, i can enter into single usermode,then by
using init 3 i can enter into runlevel 3,then from 3 i can enter into
runlevel 5.no problem. (so, no hardware issues)

i can login to GUI by the above process.but when i start to runlevel 5
directly, it hangs. (its totally confusing me).

i cant understand, what the error says,awaiting your response.

regards,
SivaPrakash.SK