[Ilugc] Mailing list guidelines: monthly reminder
cyborg4k at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 09:39:46 IST 2007
Mailing List Guidelines: Monthly reminder:
1. Use a proper subject line.
2. Do not troll in the mailing list
3. Use [OT] for off-topic, non-technical discussions.
But, don't misuse this to start flame wars or to troll
in the mailing list.
4. Do not top-post:
Example of a top-post:
Because it messes up the order in which
people normally read text.
> > Why is top-posting
> > such a bad thing?
> > What is the most
> > annoying thing in e-mail?
Always use bottom-posting.
> What is your name ?
My name is ILUGC.
5. Do not over-quote:
Example of an over-quote:
>>> On Friday you said
>>> blah blah blah
>> On Saturday you said
>> foo foo foo
> On Sunday you said
6. Do not post HTML messages
7. Do not recycle messages
8. Do not send attachments
9. Do not attach obnoxious, nonsensical legal
disclaimers. If your company uses disclaimers, don't
use your company ID for the mailing list.
10. Do not reply to a digest. (If you are in digest
mode and want to reply to a post use ILUGC Gmane blog
11. Search for answers for your questions/problems in
google.com or any other search engine before posting
your query to the mailing list.
If any of the above are not clear to you, Please read
the detailed list guidelines:
12. Do not post messages in all capital letters. Mails
in CAPS is considered rude and is similar to shouting
during a conversation.
13. If you or your company is into GNU/Linux
migration, or you want help into GNU/Linux migration,
14. If you are looking for GNU/Linux distro CDs please
15. Following these guidelines could be helpful
16. Don't send season's greetings or birthday invites
to the group. Its not mailing list etiquette.
We must use the above guidelines to maintain better
readability, proper archives, efficient bandwidth
Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast
with the Yahoo! Search weather shortcut.
More information about the ilugc