[Ilugc] Blacklisting a particular AP

Arnold Noronha arnstein87 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 13:46:24 IST 2007

On 8/21/07, Suresh Ramasubramanian <linux at frodo.hserus.net> wrote:
> Arnold Noronha <arnstein87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there any way to "blacklist" this AP?
>
> You can specify a particular channel / MAC address etc that your access
> point is on, and lock network manager to that

And I have no clue on how to do that (I swear I have googled :) )...
although I'd rather blacklist only a particular AP, since all the
other APs in the network work for me... All the APs have same essid.

If I do iwconfig and set channel/AP, network-manager takes me back to
the bad AP after some time (its signals seem strong, but don't work :)
)...

Thanks,
--Arnold