[Ilugc] commercial : Fwd: Linux Administrator / Support Technician
baluk54 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 23:33:17 IST 2008
An opening for a linux admin
kindly send your details to sanaidu at gmail.com
Details for the responsibility of the linux administrator.
1. Competent in Linux (Redhat certification preferred/required)
2. Competent in shell, ssh, and connecting/administrating remote systems
3. Competent in linux server installation, kernel configuration, and
application installation/troubleshooting such as apache,mysql,php, etc.
4. Excellent written skills
5. Experience using Xen, OpenVZ, or other virtualization technologies
6. 1-2 years experience required.
Primary job function:
1. Monitoring and administration of linux servers in the US and other
locations. Responding to alerts and coordinating with onsite datacenter
staff for server reboots, remote console requests, etc.
2. Review of trouble ticket system and engaging/resolving issues related to
our linux server service. Responding to customers and assisting them with
installation related questions of various software, or configuration
problems via email only.
3. Building and maintaining custom Xen linux server images.
4. Writing KB articles related to linux related to our service. For
how to install/configure a LAMP server (linux, apache, mysql, php) using
own custom control panel + linux ssh access. These works would need to be
well written in english and original.
5. Available via yahoo/im/phone during normal india hours for communication
with company staff only. All customer contact is via email.
6. Participation in other tasks related to remote systems management on
Linux based systems and web applications.
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
More information about the ilugc