[Ilugc] Employee Agreement of a FOSS company

Vamsee Kanakala vamlists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 17:04:21 IST 2008

ம. ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ்|Sri Ramadoss M wrote:
> What would you say on talks and sessions organised by people around at
> various Conferences on "FOSS business models"? I was thinking those
> invited to talk at those sessions are such people who run business
> with FOSS. Shouldn't theirs be called a FOSS company? or is all of
> those a hype?

You should understand that it's possible that a company be a foss
'consumer' and not be a contributor at all. They still have a foss
business model, but probably not such a good open source citizen.

> If FOSS company is not the right word, What should then we name any
> kind of establishment/ setup that might come out of such initiatives?

Well, that would be just splitting hairs. A company exists for solely
one thing: making a profit. How they make that profit, as long it is not
illegal, is up to the company. If you like what they're doing, join/buy.
Otherwise, stay away :)

V.