[Ilugc] Re: Employee Agreement of a FOSS company

K.C. Ramakrishna kcramakrishna at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 22:10:38 IST 2008

I am part of a FOSS based consultancy. We work only with FOSS technologies. Even our development environments are Fedora and Ubuntu. We only have one laptop with Windows (bundled when bought). We use that laptop for IE compatibility.

We do have agreements where employees assign all copyright to firm. We then further handle it. All our employees are encouraged to contribute to FOSS projects whether related to rknowsys or not. Around 98% of internal code is released as FOSS. Some minor parts are held back for various considerations.

We can have a more meaningful discussion if the question is clear else the answer is 42.

kc
K. C. Ramakrishna
www.rknowsys.com