[Ilugc] Re: Employee Agreement of a FOSS company

Manoj Srivastava srivasta at debian.org
Thu Dec 4 13:51:32 IST 2008

On Wed, Dec 03 2008, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

> On Wednesday 03 Dec 2008 3:23:11 pm ம. ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ்|Sri Ramadoss M wrote:
>> Agreeable. But that's not what I asked for. I would like to now "Are
>> Employee - Employer agreement different in a FOSS company compared to
>> that of a Proprietary Company?, If so How? and on What aspects?"
>
> first define what is a 'FOSS company'? The term is unclear. A company that
> opensources all the code it produces? Then neither the employer nor the
> employee get anything out of the code in terms of IPR. But such a company
> will not last for more than 5 minutes.

        I have been working for a company for the last 8 years that
 produces code that is all under the GPL.  My primary activity is to
 write code to support the tasks we have been contracted to perform.

        The company was founded in 1972. Seems like a very very long
 five minutes to me.

        manoj
--
When Dexter's on the Internet, can Hell be far behind?"
Manoj Srivastava <srivasta at acm.org> <http://www.golden-gryphon.com/>